The United States Embassy Awards, a cornerstone of the US Government‘s development
assistance program for Africa, provide access to postgraduate education, training and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the workplace. US Embassy Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home countries.
Application Deadline: Yet to be specified
Eligible Countries: Africa
Award Value: Fully Funded government Scholarship
To be taken at (country): African or United States Universities.
Eligible Field of Study: Varies
Type: Undergraduate, Masters & Short Courses
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: Varies by country (see link below for specific country eligibility criteria)
- You must be at least 25 and not more than 35 years of age at the date of your application.
- You must have at least three (3) years’ relevant post graduate work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organization type(e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- You possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognized Institution of at least 4 years in length with at least a 3rd Class Pass.
- Undergraduate Scholarship Scholarship Application Public sector candidates must comply with Government of Nigeria regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships.
- The public sector, private sector and civil society candidates must provide evidence of completion of the National Youth Service Corps(NYSC) when they apply.
- You must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree.
- You must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award.
For Undergraduates, check the link below
- You are a national of an African country.
- You are an early or mid-career professional working in the Public Sector, the Private Sector or a Non Government Organization (Civil Society) in one of the listed priority fields of study.
- You wish to undertake a Masters degree in Australia in one of the listed priority fields of study. You cannot study a Masters of Business Administration.
- You have a clear vision for how you will use the knowledge gained through the Masters degree to improve policy, practice or education in the proposed field of study.
For undergraduate, check the link below.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 1,000 students.
Sponsors: US Embassy Awards in Africa. an initiative of the United States Government
1. Click the Apply link.
2. Fill the form
4. Be sure you’ve provided all the required documents.